Listening Section:Click here to do the listening section
I. Incomplete DialoguesQuestions 16 to 30; choose the most appropriate answer
- Liza: "I’m not feeling very well."
Danny: "You should see the doctor soon."
Liza: ".... My dad will take me to the doctor this evening."
- Well, I’m not sure.
- You’re right.
- No, I can’t.
- That’s very kind of you.
- Ani: "This is Ani speaking. Can I help you?"
Caller: "Can I speak to Ms. Diah, please?"
Ani: "Sorry, .... Any messages?"
- Just a moment, please.
- Call her again later.
- She’s out now.
- Thank you for calling.
- Hanna: "Why didn’t you come to English class yesterday?"
Hanna: "You should have a doctor’s letter for permission."
- I was sick.
- I am sick.
- I would be sick.
- I have been sick.
- Sam: "Dyta, are you free next Sunday? We will have a little reunion with our
Junior High School friends in Bamboo Cafe."
Dyta: "Sure, .... What time will it be?"
Sam: "8 a.m. Make sure you won’t be late."
- I’m supposed to do something else.
- I don’t think so.
- I have a lot of work to do.
- I’d love to.
- Shanty: "Danu, .... I need to go to Surabaya to attend my cousin’s wedding party."
Danu: "Sure. I’m not going anywhere tomorrow but don’t forget to fill up the tank."
Shanty: "Don’t worry. Thank you very much. I appreciate it."
- Would you like to go with me tomorrow?
- Will it be possible for me to borrow your car tomorrow?
- Do you mind if I go with you tomorrow?
- Will you accompany me tomorrow?
- Carla: ".... I’ll have a test tomorrow. I’m trying to study now."
Sisca: "I’m really sorry. I’ll turn it down right away."
- Could you turn the radio down?
- Would you turn the radio up?
- I think you’d better study now.
- Can you help me?
- Dewi: "You look so pale. Are you okay?"
Marni: "I’ve got a stomachache. I haven’t had breakfast. There have been so many things to do this morning."
Dewi: "It’s almost lunch time. Pay more attention to your health. ...."
- You have to finish your job now.
- You ought to tell your boss to eat.
- You should get something to eat.
- You’d better find another job
- Maya: "Lucky, I need my book for next week’s presentation."
Lucky: "Oh, I have finished it, but I don’t bring it now. .... Is that OK?"
Maya: "No problem. See you tomorrow."
- I’m still reading it.
- I will finish it soon.
- I also need it to do my homework.
- I’ll give it back at school tomorrow.
- Brian: "I’m in a rush. I only have 15 minutes to prepare or I’ll miss the train."
Wildan: "You should have packed them all the day before."
Brian: "I had too many things to do yesterday. If I had had more time, ...."
- I would have prepared everything earlier.
- I would have been ready by now.
- I would take you with me.
- I would like you to help me.
- Dona: "I think we should contribute a minimum of five thousand rupiahs to
the flood victims."
Amir: "..... They absolutely need our help."
Dona: "Great. I’ll tell the others."
- I agree with you in principle but don’t you think it’s too much.
- I couldn’t agree more.
- I think other people will help them.
- I’m afraid I don’t agree with you.
- Daniel: "How can I get to the nearest BCA bank?"
Daniel: "I hope so. Thank you."
- Just go ahead and turn left. It’s on your left.
- It’s next to the bookshop .
- It’s behind the library.
- Sorry, I don’t live here.
- Keane: "I always wake up at 4.30 am."
Saras: ".... I wake up at 5 o’clock in the morning."
- I wake up at the same time.
- I wake up earlier than you.
- It’s a bit too early for me.
- You wake up later than me.
- Receptionist: "Good morning. Can I help you, sir?"
Receptionist: "I’m really sorry but all rooms have already been reserved."
- I want to reserve a single room for tonight.
- Would you like to book a room?
- I need your help.
- Shall we reserve a room for tonight?
- Dea: "Risya told me that her refrigerator is broken."
Rinda: ".... He is a mechanic."
Dea: "I think you’re right."
- She should search for a repairman.
- Her father might be able to repair it.
- Oh, poor her. She must be very sad.
- She could fix it herself.
- Teacher: "We will have a long holiday next week. Where are you planning to go?"
Beni: ".... I’m so excited."
Salsa: "I will go to Jakarta visiting my sister. It’s going to be a lot of fun."
- I went to Jogjakarta with my family.
- I attend a summer camp in Batu.
- I have gone to Bali by bus.
- I am going to visit Jatim Park 2.
II. Error RecognitionQuestions 31 to 35: choose the inappropriate structure in the sentences below.
- Silvia: "Look at (A) these two shirts. Which one do you think suits me (B) more good?"
Gerard: "I think (C) the blue one will look great on you."
Silvia: "Hmm, I think you’re right. I’ll (D) take this one."
- the blue ones
- be taking
- Some television programs often (A) broadcast violence (B) whose can cause bad effects for children. That’s why parents (C) should accompany their children (D) when watching TV.
- should be accompanied
- Secretary: "Here’s the report that you (A) asked yesterday."
Manager: "Ok, thank you. I need it for (B) today’s meeting."
Secretary: "Is there anything else I (C) would do, sir?"
Manager: "Yes, please (D) tell Mr. Budi to submit his report right away."
- today’s meetings
- be told
- Riri and Rara are identical (A) twin. They love (B) wearing the same clothes. Their friends are often (C) confused about which one is who. Fortunately, Riri has just had her haircut. So, the one with (D) shorter haircut must be her.
- Dadang: "Do you (A) plan to go to your home town (B) in the next vacation?"
Tya: "Well, I don’t know. The ticket fares (C) are very expensive today."
Dadang: "I (D) will drive if I were you."
- Riska: "San, why (A) didn’t you come to my party last week?"
Sandy: "Well, actually I was (B) on the way to the party but suddenly a car hit me."
Riska: "Oh. I’m really (C) happy to hear that. Were you OK?"
Sandy: "I was fine but my car was (D) damaged. I had it repaired three days ago."
- in the way
III. Reading ComprehensionQuestions 37 - 50 are based on a selection of reading materials. Choose the best answer A, B, C, or D to each question.
Questions 37-38 refer to the following letter
THE WIEMAR’S SHOPJl. Citandui 98 Bandung. Tel. & Fax: (022) 5238234December 12, 2011
Mr. Hardian Susetya
Bamboo Art & Handycraft
Jl. Adi Sutjipto 23
We are interested in becoming a distributor for your products. Would you please send your latest catalogues and brochures?
We have a handycraft shop and would like to add your products into our sales offerings. Our annual report is enclosed.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
- What does the Wiemar’s Shop sell?
- Handycraft products
- What does Sahnaz ask Mr. Hardian to do?
- To be the distributor for the products.
- Send the latest catalogues and brochures.
- Add products into the sales offerings.
- Enclose the annual report.
- “... would like to add your products into...”
What does the underlined word refer to?
- The Wiemar’s Shop
- Sahnaz Herawati
- Mr. Hardian Susetya
- What kind of information does the table give?
- International flight schedule of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
- International flight departure of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
- Domestic flight schedule of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
- Regular flight schedule of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
- Which statement is not true based on the table?
- You can only fly to Yogyakarta with Garuda Indonesia.
- You can choose one of two airlines to go to Surabaya.
- You can choose one of two airlines to go to Padang.
- You can fly to cities in Borneo with Sriwijaya Air.
- What is the synonym of the word “departed”?
How to Make Meatballs
What you need for the ingredients
These steps are instruction on how to make meatballs, just meatball, the soup is made separately.
- Which of the statement is true according to the text?
- Mix all the ingredients at once in a mixer.
- Soften the mixture before rolling it into small meatballs.
- Add boiled water after mixing all the ingredients.
- Serve the meatball after you make it into small size.
- These words have the closest meaning to “minced”, EXCEPT...
- “When they float up to the surface ....”
The underlined word refers to ....
|Adele Laurie Blue Adkins was born in Tottenham, England in 1988. She started singing when she was only four. She moved to several cities during her childhood, including Brighton at the age of nine, Brixton at the age of eleven, and finally West Norwood which is the subject of her first single “Hometown Glory”.|
She went to BRIT School for Performing Arts & Technology and graduated in 2006. It was the beginning of her career. She made her rule in 2008 after releasing her single “Chasing Pavements”.She received many awards and even got a signed deal with Columbia Records and XL Recordings to break into the US.
- What is the text about?
- The award nomination of the best singer in British.
- The successful story of a British singer.
- The steps to get an International contract deal.
- The happiness of a British singer.
- Where did she get the inspiration for her first record?
- West Norwood
- The synonym of the word “award” is...
PT. Rajawali Anugerah Resources
Vacancy: DCCS ADMINISTRATION STAFF
If you are interested, please send your CV and photo to:
with the email subject “DCCS ADM”
- What is the text about?
- Job description
- Curriculum vitae
- Aplication letter
- Job vacancy
- What is not required in the vacancy above?
- Having experiences in administration.
- Having good English skill.
- Having S1 degree in administration
- Having good communication and interpersonal skill.