- Sita: "Those twins are very identical. I can hardly differ one from another."
Umi: "Well, Ani has longest hair than Ana."
Sita: "I agree with you. However, when they are wearing veils, we can’t see that."
- The structure of Borobudur temple, who is composed of 55,000 square meters of lava-rock, is erected on the hill in the form of a stepped pyramid of six rectangular stories, three circular terraces, and a central stupa forming the summit.
- Gandi: "Do you know Jana? What does she look like?"
Kenny: "She is beautiful, tall, and slim. She have a long wavy hair and black eyes."
- Kiki: "What’s the matter? You look worried."
Ima: "There have been many victims of Dengue fever. I don’t know what to do to prevent it."
Kiki: "If I am you, I would clean my environment."
- Wati: "You look very beautifully with that dress." Rini: "Thank you. My father bought it for me on my birthday." Wati: "What a lovely dress. It must be very expensive."
Questions 21-23 refer to the following letter.
From: Industrial Relations Office|
To: All Regular Staff
Date: July3rd, 2012
Sub: Introduction of hourly-rate employees
Effective July10th, thirty new employees will begin working in our production plant on an hourly-rate basis. This is an experiment to determine whether hourly employment would give better results for all aspects of our enterprise.
The new employees know that they are part of an experiment. Management encourages regular staff to discuss the program among themselves and with the new employees. After six months, we will assess the program to learn any lessons it may have for us. Meanwhile, we welcome staff comment.
- What can be said about the new employees?
- They will be part of an experiment.
- They will be paid the same as regular staff.
- They will work longer hours than regular staff.
- They will work different hours from regular staff.
- What will happen after six months?
- The program will be evaluated.
- Everybody will be given a test.
- The program will be stopped.
- All employees will be put on the same status.
- Which of the following is closest in meaning to “employees”?
It started from 1902 when Teddy’s bear looked sweet, innocent, and upright instead of looking violent and standing on all four paws like previous toy bears. Because of its new friendly appearance, this toy bear made a hit with the buying public. Ideal Novelty and Toy Company founded the first teddy bear manufacturer in the United States as to fulfill the strong demand of this toy.
- What happened in 1902?
- Teddy’s bear stood on all four paws.
- Teddy’s bear manufacturer was founded.
- Teddy’s bear appearance changed.
- Teddy’s bear became violent.
- What was the new teddy bear like?
- Less innocent
- Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word “founded” in the text above?
Regulations for Visitors of Probolinggo Museum|
1. Buy a ticket before entering the gate.
2. Leave all your belongings before entering the building.
3. Eating, drinking, and smoking are not allowed in the building.
4. Do not turn on the radio or tape recorder inside the building.
5. Touching the antiquities is prohibited.
6. Do not take pictures of the antiquities.
- What should the visitors do before they come into the gate?
- Buy a ticket.
- Take a picture.
- Eat and drink.
- Leave their belongings.
- What’s the antonym of the word “prohibited” in rule no. 5?
On behalf of the government, City Mayor invites you as a guest in the Independence Fair Opening Ceremony;
Day/date: Tuesday, November 12, 2009
Time: 04:00 p.m.
Place: City Stadium
Due to the limited time and place, your attendance will be highly appreciated. Thank you for your attention.
- Where will the ceremony be held?
- In another city
- In a guest house
- At the city stadium
- At the mayor’s office
- What should you do after receiving this invitation letter?
- Attend the event on time
- Contact the city mayor
- Reply the letter
- Hold a ceremony
7. Incomplete Dialog: Questions 31 to 40, choose the most appropriate answer
- Via: "What should we do to be a successful student?"
Tini: "... as well as possible so that all activities can be done."
- You should manage your time
- You may not manage your time
- You will manage your time
- You have managed your time
- Operator: "Subscription Division, Jawa Pos Daily. May I help you?"
Woman: "Yes, I’d like to subscribe to Jawa Pos."
Woman: "This is Jenny Arnita."
- May I talk to Jenny Arnita?
- Shall I call you with your last name?
- May I know who’s calling, please?
- Who do you want to speak to?
- Ani: "When did you come back from the job training program in Surabaya?"
Gita: "I arrived yesterday."
Gita: "Oh yes. It was a very useful training."
- Will you enjoy the training?
- Did you have a great time?
- Are you going to attend the training?
- Would you come to the training?
- Mimi: "It’s already lunch time. I’m starving."
Sella: "Let’s eat at the cafeteria, then."
Mimi: ".... I’m rather bored with the food there."
- Why don’t we have something different?
- What about having lunch together?
- What do you usually have for lunch?
- What would you like to have?
- Heru: "What do you do in your spare time?"
Ina: ".... My friends and I usually go to the malls every weekend, just to look at things."
- I work in a mall.
- I like window-shopping
- I usually spare my time.
- I often drive for a picnic.
- Customer: "I’d like to let you know that the software I bought yesterday is not working."
Progammer: "I’m sorry to hear that. ...."
Customer: "Please do. Thank you."
- Please try again to make sure.
- Please buy again and I guarantee it will be working.
- Let me check what the problem is.
- Let me know if you can repair it yourself.
Irma: "We have to finish the report today. The deadline’s tomorrow."
Gita : "Yes, I wish we knew about the deadline earlier. What’s your plan?"
Irma: "I think ...."
- I worked late last night.
- I’ve always tried to finish the report.
- I prefer hard work tonight.
- I’m going to work overtime this evening.
- Zaki: "Did you send an application letter to the company?"
Ahmad: "No, I didn’t. ...."
- I prefer studying than getting a job.
- I'd rather work than continue my study.
- I like working better than studying.
- I prefer continuing my study to working.
- Umi: "..., but now he has stopped the bad habit."
Ari: "He should do that for his own health."
- My father used to smoke cigarettes
- My father likes smoking cigarettes
- My father is used to smoking cigarettes
- My father always smokes cigarettes
Teddy: "Where’s Ms. Iriana? She’s not in her office."
Ruli: "I think ...."
- She attends a meeting
- She is attending a meeting
- She will attend a meeting
- She attended a meeting
Questions 41 – 44 refer to the following letter
Welcome to Melbourne.
Our office is ...(41)... Riverdale Road, Camberwell. It’s 24 kilometers east of the city of Melbourne. As you get off the train and come out of the Flinders street station, you will find St. Kilda Street. You can reach our office ...(42)... train. Take Train no. 70 from the corner of St. Kilda Street and Batman Street not far from Flinders street station just near the Yarra River. The train will ...(43)... you to the Riverdale Road. Just after your train crosses Camberwell Junction, you will see our office, National Australia Bank, 5 Riverdale Road, Vic. Tel (03) 137022. It’s on your right, opposite the Camberwell market. ...(44)... me if you need any help.
NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS
Due ...(45)... the high volume of customers at our spring sale, we cannot guarantee that all items pictured in this ...(46)... will be available in all sizes and color at all stores. We appreciate your ...(47)..., and encourage you to shop early at the best selection.
PO Box 352 Asabri 3771