Koleksi latihan soal dan prediksi Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris tingkat SMP/MTs.
Choose the correct answer by crossing A,B,C, or D based on the question given.
Read the text to answer questions 7 to 8
Read the text to answer question no 21 to 25
The text is for questions number 32 - 33
Choose the correct answer by crossing A,B,C, or D based on the question given.
- You find this notice along the road.
It means that only people who go ... can use the sidewalk.
- by cars
- on bikes
- on foot
- on wheels
- You find this notice near a school.
The warning means ....
- It will be nice if people ignore the school safe zone.
- It is a good idea if people speed up along the school safe zone.
- If people race around the school safe zone, their car will be in trouble.
- School children will be in danger if people drive fast along the school safe zone.
Did you know
THAT WITHOUT THE EXTRA Rp.207.000.000.000 TAX SMOKERS PAY EACH DAY, WE COULD FACE AN INCREASE IN VAT FROM 22%?
Issued by the Tobacco Advisory Council. Speaking up for smokers.
Plaza Kuningan, Jakarta.JKT 1000
- Who made this advertisement?
- The Tobacco Advisor Council
- Tax payers
- Plaza Kuningan
- “... we could face an increase in VAT ... “
The word “increase“ has similar meaning to ....
I have to see Grandma. Buy these things to Indri’s store for the next breakfast: a bottle of milk, a pack of bread, a kilogram of eggs, four packs of instant noodles.
- Who wrote the note?
- Sandra’s mother
- Sandra’s grandma
- Where did Sandra have to go ?
- To Grand Mal
- To go shopping
- To grandma’s house
- To Mrs. Indri’s house
Hi friend, I'm happy to invite you to my 15th birthday party
Date: Sunday, May 17th, 2013
Time: 4 p.m.
Place: Jl. Melati no 55 Probolinggo
Please, arrive on time. Without you, the party will be meaningless.
- In what year was Harlina born?
- What does the word “you“ refer to?
- Anita and her friends
- Anita’s friends
- Harlina’s friends
Congratulation on your achievement in the English test! You are really the best. Keep up the good work!
- What is the purpose of the text?
- To invite someone
- To describe someone
- To suggest someone
- To congratulate someone
- From the text we can conclude that ....
- Irma gets the highest score.
- Irma congratulates Reantini.
- Irma likes English.
- Reantini is the cleverest student.
Last holiday, Rahardian made a trip to Bali island. Rahardian went there with his schoolmates. They traveled by bus. It was a school program for the students to have a study tour. They left school on July 17th. It was Friday. They left school at about 2 p.m.
After leaving school, the buses rolled fast toward the island of Bali. They passed many cities in Central and East Java. It was very interesting. They enjoyed the view along the road.
About 5 in the morning the next day, they arrived at Ketapang in Banyuwangi. They came to the port and continued going on board of the ferry. They began to enjoy the view of the sea, the strait of Bali. A few moments before they landed in Gilimanuk, a port in Bali, they got surprised. There were many boys climbing up the ferry. Then, they jumped into the water. They dived to get coins thrown by passengers. The water was clear. So, the coins were visible. They were really good divers.
It was our first experience to travel by sea. So, it was very exciting.
- What is the goal of the text above ?
- To retell a past activity.
- To inform about the view of the road.
- To describe Bali island.
- To tell about Gilimanuk port.
- What does the first paragraph talk about ?
- Rahardian and his classmates arrived in Bali.
- Rahardian went to Bali by bus.
- The time when Rahardian and his classmates had study tour.
- The journey to Bali island.
What did they enjoy along the journey ?
- Big cities.
- The view along the road.
- Good divers.
- The view of the sea.
The word “harbor“ has the same meaning as the word ....
THE LINGUISTICS CLUB
460 Language Road Singapore 426626 Tel: 99274484 Fax : 93771206
JAPANESE LANGUAGE COURSE
The Japanese Course to beginners lasts for ten sessions. The course will focus on practical language use. At the end of the course, you will possess and master a conversational level of Japanese. This course is suitable for people who may be learning the language for business or leisure.
COURSE PROGRAM (10 SESSIONS) presented to participants who have completed at least 8 session Course.
Commencing Date : 5 November 2013.
Every Saturday from 07.00 pm to 09.00 pm
Closing Date (Registration): 29 Oct 2013
- This course is especially useful to people who are ... .
- interested in the Japanese culture.
- familiar with the language.
- new to the language.
- natives of Japan.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to ... .
- speak fluently in Japanese.
- converse in simple Japanese.
- conduct business deals in Japanese.
- translate English to Japanese easily.
- Certificates will be awarded to people who ... at least eight out of ten sessions.
- How long will the course be held?
- Two hours
- Three hours
- Four hours
- Five hours
|Route No||City Hall||Main & Spring||Oakdale||Shopping Mall||City University|
- Which bus carries passengers from Main and Spring to Oakdale?
- 12 A
- 22 B
- 22 C
- 34 A
- How long does it take from City Hal to Shopping Mal by bus number 23C?
- 27 minutes
- 29 minutes
- 37 minutes
- 49 minutes
Once upon a time there was a poor widow who had an only son named Jack. They were so poor that they didn’t have anything except a cow. When the cow had grown too old, his mother sent Jack to the market to sell it. On the way to the market, Jack met the butcher who had some beautiful beans in his hand. The butcher told the boy the beans were of great value and persuaded the silly lad to sell the cow for the beans. Jack brought them happily. When he told his mother about this, his mother became so angry that she threw the beans out of the window.
When Jack woke up in the morning, he felt the sun shining into a part of his room, but all the rest was quite dark and shady. So he jumped to the window. What did he see? The beanstalk which ran up just like a big ladder.
He climbed ... till last he reached the sky. While looking around, he saw a very huge castle. He was very amused. Then Jack walked along the part leading to the castle. There was big a big tall woman on the doorstep. Jack greeted her and asked for giantess’ mercy to give him breakfast, because he felt very hungry. Although the giantess grumbled at first, finally she gave Jack a hunk of bread and cheese and jag of milk. Jack hadn’t finished when the whole house began to tremble with noise of someone’s coming. “Oh! It’s my husband” cried the giantess. She opened a very big cupboard and hid Jack there. “What on earth shall I do?”
- Where did Jack sell his cow?
- At castle
- At the market
- At the butcher’s house
- On the way to the market.
What is the story about?
- Jack and the butcher
- Jack and the giantess
- A poor widow and his son
- Jack and the beanstalk
“Oh! It’s my husband” cried the giantess. “What on earth shall I do?”
We can conclude that giantess is ... her husband.
- Afraid of
- Angry with
- Fed up with
- Displeased with
Jack’s mother looked very furious when Jack told that ... .
- The beans were precious.
- The butcher bought his cow.
- He traded his cow for the beans.
- The beanstalk grew bigger.
- What do we learn from the text?
- Sincerity make Jack get something precious.
- Jack’s mother was a furious mother.
- Poverty makes people hopeless.
- The giantess took pity on Jack.
Lance Armstrong’s Discovery Channel won the team time trial of the Tour de France on Tuesday, giving the six-time champion the overall race lead. The 33 year-old American led his team to victory for the third straight year in the time trial, clocking 1 hour, 10 minutes, 40 second for the 67.5 kilometers trek from Tour to Blois. Team CSC placed the second, 2 second behind.
- What is the news about?
- The tour de France
- The teams in the race
- The discovery Channel Team
- The victorious team of Amstrong’s.
“... led his team to victory”. The closest meaning to the underlined
word is ... .
What is team CSC’s time ?
- 1 hour, 10 minutes, 38 seconds.
- 1 hour, 10 minutes, 40 seconds.
- 1 hour, 10 minutes, 42 seconds.
- 1 hour, 10 minutes, 44 seconds.
You know there’s lemon juice, lime juice, grape juice, but what about watermelon juice? Here is a great way to make it and add it to your tropical breakfast.
- Bowl, rubber container, or plate
- Sugar (optional)
- Cutting Board
- Plastic or glass pitcher
- Electric blender
- Slice the watermelon on a cutting board. Cut them into pieces about 1 inch thick.
- Put the watermelon slice into bowl, rubber container, or on to a plate, using fork to prevent messiness.
- Put the watermelon in the blender. Add sugar or sweetener, if desired. Pour in a couple of cups of cold water and some ice cubes.
- Blend well until smooth.
- Serve over lots of ice.
- How many things do we need to make watermelon juice?
"Add sugar or sweetener". The sentence means ... .
- Sugar is sour.
- Sugar is bitter.
- Sugar is delicious.
- The sweetener is the same as sugar.
What is the purpose of the text above?
- To show the watermelon juice.
- To describe the watermelon juice.
- To tell how to make watermelon juice.
- To retell the making of watermelon.
Annual Promo Special
Seven days only storewide
At Al DC World Bookstore
- From the text we know that ....
- The promo will last for two weeks.
- All items get more than a 40% discount.
- We can get discount at any DC World Bookstores.
- Al DC World Bookstores are wide enough to shop.
- How frequent is the promo?
- Once a week
- Twice a month
- Once a year
- Twice a year
MY PETI have a pet. It is a dog and I call it Brownie. Brownie is a Chinese breed. It is small, fluty and cute. It has got thick black fur. When I cuddle it, the fur feels soft. Brownie doesn’t like bones. Everyday I give food like steamed rice, fish or bread. Every morning I give her milk and bread. When I am at school Brownie plays with my cat. They get along well and never fight because Brownie doesn’t bark a lot. Brownie is really a sweet and friendly animal.
- The purpose of the text is ....
- To describe a particular animal
- To entertain the readers
- To tell about past events
- To share with readers
What does the text tell us about?
- My cat
- A friendly animal
- A cute animal
What does the writer feed Brownie with every morning?
- Steamed rice and fish
- Milk and bread
- Fish and bread
- Bread and steamed rice.
School announcementFriday November 27th,2011
There will be a short girl’s basketball meeting right after school TONIGHT in the high school library. Everything needs to be turned in on Friday. Mitchell Lahr and Kira Eng need to get their permission form to Mr.Discher by the end of the day today. If you are riding the suburban tomorrow, be here no later than 7.20. Have a great weekend!
- When will the basketball meeting be held?
- On Thursday night
- On Friday night
- Next Friday
- Last Friday
- “If you are riding the suburban tomorrow ....”
What does the underlined word refer to?
- Kira Eng and Lahr’s students
- Mitchell Lahr and Kira Eng
- Mr. Discher’s principal
- All students of the school
“Everything needs to be turned in on Friday”
The phrase “to be turned in“ has similar meaning to ... .
MILK CALCIUMDietary Supplement
600 mg 100 Soft gels
Serving size: 1 soft gel
*Daily value has not been established
Amount per 1 soft gel % Daily Value* Vitamin D 200 IU 50 Calcium (from milk) 600 mg 60 Zinc 15 mg *
Other ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin, Purified Water
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take one soft gel for adults daily.
NU-HEALTH PRODUCTS CO.
Walnut, CA 91789
Made in U.S.A.
EXP 04 27 10
LOT 2 75 61
- When would it be best to consume the product?
- before April 27th, 2010
- after April 4th, 2010
- during April 4th, 2010
- on April 4th, 2010
How many soft gels does someone take everyday?
- 1 gel
- 15 mg
- 200 IU
- 600 mg
- “Daily value has not been established.”
What is the meaning of the underlined word?
Date: Wed,2nd January of 2013 16.33-0700 (PDT)
Have you opened the present? Just see and you will love it. I am afraid I can’t see you tomorrow. Four friends are coming to my house. How about next two days? Let’s find some time to talk.
- Who sent the e-mail?
- Parama Satria
- English on sky
- Curly boy
What is the purpose of writing the e-mail ?
- Giving information to someone
- Postponing an appointment
- Congratulating someone
- Making an appointment
“Let’s find some time to talk”
The sentence above means ... .
- The writer was a little bit busy.
- The right time to talk is missing.
- The writer asked for the right time to meet.
- The time of the meeting was already decided.
Susan is standing in front of her ... (46). She is thinking about what to wear to Virna’s party. Her mother has bought her a new dress. But she can’t wear it. Her sister borrowed it and she hasn’t returned it yet. She can’t ... (47) her blue dress either. She has worn it to Emmy's party. The red blouse looks good, but she has lost its matching skirt. It is 3.30 pm.now. Bobby has promised to come and ... (48) her at 4, but she hasn’t found the right dress yet.
- Arrange these words into good notice.
Here – please – purchases – your – place
- 3 – 4 – 5 – 1 – 2
- 5 – 4 – 2 – 3 – 1
- 2 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 1
- 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 – 5
- Choose the right order of the following sentences into a good paragraph.
- He went to a big tree last night.
- Anton wanted to be a rich man soon.
- The boy was watching when he put it under the tree.
- He brought the offering there.
- The next day Anton went there again.
- He stole the offering fast.
- He hoped became rich, but actual y he was stil poor.
- He wondered that the offering lost.
- He thought God ate it.
- 2 – 1 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 - 9 – 7 – 8
- 2 – 1 – 3 – 5 – 4 – 6 – 7 - 9 – 8
- 2 – 1 – 4 – 3 – 6 – 5 – 8 – 8 - 7
- 2 – 1 – 4 – 6 – 3 – 5 – 8 – 7 - 9