Reading Section5. Error Recognition: Choose the inappropriate structure or word in the sentences below.
- Anna: I went to Batu yesterday. The weather was so cold there.
Shanty: Yes, it’s as cold than Probolinggo. Did you also go to Malang?
Anna: Yes, I did. It is hotter than Batu.
- Mariana: I heard that there was a robbery at Mrs. Anita’s house last night.
Lucky: Yes. A new car where was parked in the garage was stolen.
Mariana : I’m really sorry to hear that.
- Maria : Katie Holmes’ new haircut is cute. She looks gorgeous.
Christine : I agree with you. She is looked much younger than she really is.
- Shinta : You looked different without your glasses
Danu : I would have worn them if I didn’t break it. I sat on it by accident.
Shinta : That’s too bad. I hope you’ll get another one soon.
- Woman : How do you like the movie?
Man : It is bored, I think. I wonder why people like it..
Woman : I’m sorry. I thought you would like it.
Questions 21-23 refer to the following email:
- Why did the writer send the above email?
- To ask for a copy of invoice.
- To make payment for the invoice.
- To inform about reshuffle in the accounts team.
- To request an early payment.
What is NOT mentioned in the email?
- Number of invoice.
- Date of invoice.
- Price of invoice.
- Issuer of invoice.
Who issued the invoice?
- Paradise Hotel
- Craig David
- Adelaide Comp.
- Accounts payable
- Which statement is NOT true according to the text?
- Philips headquarter is located in the Netherlands.
- Philips leads only in energy efficient lighting solutions & applications.
- Philips has more than 100.000 employees in all over the world.
- Philips has a wide range of products in healthcare, lifestyle, and lighting.
“... on fundamental customer...” (line 4). The synonym of the word “fundamental” is...
Job Purpose: Maintaining service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
- The followings are some duties of an automobile technician, except....
- Keeping equipment available for use.
- Maintaining vehicle functional condition.
- Maintaining vehicle appereance and records.
- Updating technical publications
Which is not mentioned in the skills of an automobile technician?
- Time management
- Safety management
- Financial management
- Problem solving
- "Verifying vehicle serviceability by ...."
Which of the following is the synonym of the underlined word?
- Which statement is NOT true according to the text?
- Trimegatech offers 50% discount for home users, home offices and small-mid sized businesses.
- Small-mid sized business will get free consultation of network setup, web design, servers etc.
- Trimegatech’s computer services are available in two counties.
- The discount is only available during the company’s grand opening.
Small and mid sized businesses are able to get free consultation for ....
- Network setup, web development, hardware upgrades, etc.
- New office setup, wireless networks, web design, etc.
- Web development, servers, spyware removal, etc
- Web design, new office setup, network setup, etc.
“Take advantage of our grand opening”. The word “advantage” has similar meaning to ....
- Danny : Where is Andy? I haven't seen him today.
Wanda : .... right now. He’ll have an exam next Monday.
- He might be playing football
- He’s probably studying at home
- It isn’t possible that he’s at home
- There’s a chance that he’ll be here.
- Linda : Mom, we are running out of salt. .... ?
Mother : Sure, dear. Thank you for helping.
- Would you like me to buy the salt?
- Would you buy the salt for me?
- Can you help me buy the salt?
- Could you get me the salt?
- Dony : I’ll be late for work. I’ve got a flat tire.
Nafisa : ..... Tell them you’re going to be late.
Dony : You’re right. I will do that. Thank you.
- You shouldn’t go to work today.
- You’d better call your office.
- You let them replace your tire.
- You might need to stay here.
- Salma : What do you like to do in your free time?
Rina : .... . What about you?
Salma : I’m fond of it too. I always hunt for new films every month.
- I like watching movies.
- I enjoy swimming.
- I like shopping very much.
- I’m interested in reading a book.
- Clerk : Can I help you find something?
Nia: .... this yellow scarf and black hat. How much are they?
Clerk : They are Rp.90,000.-
Nia: OK. I’ll take them. Can you wrap them for me? They’re a present.
Clerk : Yes, sure.
- I prefer to sell
- I’d like you to buy
- I would like to rent
- I'd like to buy
- Mr. Doni : Have you done the assignment?
Students : Yes, Sir.
Mr. Doni : OK. ..... I’ll check it.
- Submit your work on my desk
- Don’t look at your friend’s work
- Do not collect your work
- Exchange it with your friend
- Sophia : My mom bought me a box of chocolate. Would you like some?
Marsya : No, thanks. .... but now I’m on a diet.
Sophia : Really? I think you’re slim enough to go on a diet.
- I used to eat a lot of chocolate
- I don’t like chocolate
- I think chocolate is not good for health
- I had had a bar of chocolate
- Bella : Denise, there’s no milk in the fridge.
Denise : Yes, I know. .... It’s on my shopping list.
- I bought some milk.
- I’m going to get some.
- I would like to have it.
- Would you put it in the fridge?
- Clarissa : I wanted to drop in yesterday but it seemed nobody was home. Where were you?
Issabel : Oh, I’m really sorry. ....
Clarissa : You must have had some fun there.
- I visited a relative in the hospital.
- I did my homework yesterday.
- I went to the beach with my family.
- I got a bad headache.
- Alex : What are you doing, Sarah? Let's hurry.
Sarah : Wait. ....
Alex : We are leaving at 7 and now it’s 06.45.
- I try my new blue dress.
- I am trying my new blue dress.
- I tried my new blue dress.
- I have tried my new blue dress.
Questions 42-44 refer to the following text:
|42. A. advertise|
|43. A. into|
|44. A. reach|
C. be reached
D. being reached
|45. A. invited|
B. are invited
C. were invited
D. will be invited
|46. A. Addition|
Matthew Kelsey, Printer.... (48)... fine custome design and printing for all occasions, including announcements, invitations, stationery, posters, and more. Specializing in exquisite papers, .... (49)... typography, and memorable design .... (50 )... discerning customers. Matthew Kelsey, Printer Saratoga, CA 95070
|48. A. Provide|
D. Had provided
|49. A. distinct|
|50. A. for|
Click HERE to download the answer key