Reading Section5. Error Recognition: Choose the inappropriate structure or word in the sentences below.
- Anna: I went to Batu yesterday. The weather was so cold there.
Shanty: Yes, it’s as cold than Probolinggo. Did you also go to Malang?
Anna: Yes, I did. It is hotter than Batu.
- Mariana: I heard that there was a robbery at Mrs. Anita’s house last night.
Lucky: Yes. A new car where was parked in the garage was stolen.
Mariana : I’m really sorry to hear that.
- Maria : Katie Holmes’ new haircut is cute. She looks gorgeous.
Christine : I agree with you. She is looked much younger than she really is.
- Shinta : You looked different without your glasses
Danu : I would have worn them if I didn’t break it. I sat on it by accident.
Shinta : That’s too bad. I hope you’ll get another one soon.
- Woman : How do you like the movie?
Man : It is bored, I think. I wonder why people like it..
Woman : I’m sorry. I thought you would like it.
the best answer to each question.
Questions 21-23 refer to the following email:
- Why did the writer send the above email?
- To ask for a copy of invoice.
- To make payment for the invoice.
- To inform about reshuffle in the accounts team.
- To request an early payment.
What is NOT mentioned in the email?
- Number of invoice.
- Date of invoice.
- Price of invoice.
- Issuer of invoice.
Who issued the invoice?
- Paradise Hotel
- Craig David
- Adelaide Comp.
- Accounts payable
- Which statement is NOT true according to the text?
- Philips headquarter is located in the Netherlands.
- Philips leads only in energy efficient lighting solutions & applications.
- Philips has more than 100.000 employees in all over the world.
- Philips has a wide range of products in healthcare, lifestyle, and lighting.
“... on fundamental customer...” (line 4). The synonym of the word “fundamental” is...
- The followings are some duties of an automobile technician, except....
- Keeping equipment available for use.
- Maintaining vehicle functional condition.
- Maintaining vehicle appereance and records.
- Updating technical publications
Which is not mentioned in the skills of an automobile technician?
- Time management
- Safety management
- Financial management
- Problem solving
- "Verifying vehicle serviceability by ...."
Which of the following is the synonym of the underlined word?
- Which statement is NOT true according to the text?
- Trimegatech offers 50% discount for home users, home offices and small-mid sized businesses.
- Small-mid sized business will get free consultation of network setup, web design, servers etc.
- Trimegatech’s computer services are available in two counties.
- The discount is only available during the company’s grand opening.
Small and mid sized businesses are able to get free consultation for ....
- Network setup, web development, hardware upgrades, etc.
- New office setup, wireless networks, web design, etc.
- Web development, servers, spyware removal, etc
- Web design, new office setup, network setup, etc.
“Take advantage of our grand opening”. The word “advantage” has similar meaning to ....
- Danny : Where is Andy? I haven't seen him today.
Wanda : .... right now. He’ll have an exam next Monday.
- He might be playing football
- He’s probably studying at home
- It isn’t possible that he’s at home
- There’s a chance that he’ll be here.
- Linda : Mom, we are running out of salt. .... ?
Mother : Sure, dear. Thank you for helping.
- Would you like me to buy the salt?
- Would you buy the salt for me?
- Can you help me buy the salt?
- Could you get me the salt?
- Dony : I’ll be late for work. I’ve got a flat tire.
Nafisa : ..... Tell them you’re going to be late.
Dony : You’re right. I will do that. Thank you.
- You shouldn’t go to work today.
- You’d better call your office.
- You let them replace your tire.
- You might need to stay here.
- Salma : What do you like to do in your free time?
Rina : .... . What about you?
Salma : I’m fond of it too. I always hunt for new films every month.
- I like watching movies.
- I enjoy swimming.
- I like shopping very much.
- I’m interested in reading a book.
- Clerk : Can I help you find something?
Nia: .... this yellow scarf and black hat. How much are they?
Clerk : They are Rp.90,000.-
Nia: OK. I’ll take them. Can you wrap them for me? They’re a present.
Clerk : Yes, sure.
- I prefer to sell
- I’d like you to buy
- I would like to rent
- I'd like to buy
- Mr. Doni : Have you done the assignment?
Students : Yes, Sir.
Mr. Doni : OK. ..... I’ll check it.
- Submit your work on my desk
- Don’t look at your friend’s work
- Do not collect your work
- Exchange it with your friend
- Sophia : My mom bought me a box of chocolate. Would you like some?
Marsya : No, thanks. .... but now I’m on a diet.
Sophia : Really? I think you’re slim enough to go on a diet.
- I used to eat a lot of chocolate
- I don’t like chocolate
- I think chocolate is not good for health
- I had had a bar of chocolate
- Bella : Denise, there’s no milk in the fridge.
Denise : Yes, I know. .... It’s on my shopping list.
- I bought some milk.
- I’m going to get some.
- I would like to have it.
- Would you put it in the fridge?
- Clarissa : I wanted to drop in yesterday but it seemed nobody was home. Where were you?
Issabel : Oh, I’m really sorry. ....
Clarissa : You must have had some fun there.
- I visited a relative in the hospital.
- I did my homework yesterday.
- I went to the beach with my family.
- I got a bad headache.
- Alex : What are you doing, Sarah? Let's hurry.
Sarah : Wait. ....
Alex : We are leaving at 7 and now it’s 06.45.
- I try my new blue dress.
- I am trying my new blue dress.
- I tried my new blue dress.
- I have tried my new blue dress.
Questions 42-44 refer to the following text:
|42. A. advertise|
|43. A. into|
|44. A. reach|
C. be reached
D. being reached
|45. A. invited|
B. are invited
C. were invited
D. will be invited
|46. A. Addition|
Matthew Kelsey, Printer
|48. A. Provide|
D. Had provided
|49. A. distinct|
|50. A. for|