A. Fill in the blanks with "some" or "any".
- I bought ... cheese but I didn't buy ... bread.
- I am going to the shop. We need ... sugar.
- There aren't ... shops in this part of town.
- Rio and Hannah haven't got ... children.
- Have you got ... brothers or sisters?
- There are ... beautiful flowers in the garden.
- Do you know ... good hotels in Malang?
- Would you like ... tea? I've just made ....
- When we were on holiday, we visited ... very interesting places.
- Don't buy ... rice. We don't need ....
- I went out to buy ... milk but they didn't have ... in the shop.
- I'm thirsty. Can I have ... water, please?
- Can you give ... information about places of interests in the town?
- I was too tired to do ... work.
- Man: "Have you seen ... good films recently?"
Woman: "No, I haven't been to the cinema for ages."
B. Complete the sentences with "some" or "any" + one of these words.
- I want to wash my hair. Is there ...?
- We have received ... from buyers complaining about the product.
- I haven't got my camera, so I can't take ....
- Do you speak ... foreign ...?
- Yesterday evening I went to a restaurant with ... of mine.
- Can I have ... in my coffee, please?
- The flashlight isn't working. There aren't ... in it.
- It's hot in this office. I'm going out for ... fresh ....
- Man: "Would you like ...?"
Woman: "No, thank you. I've had enough to eat."
- I can do this job alone. I don't need ....
C. Complete the sentences. Use "some" or "any" and the correct form of the verb in the brackets. Number 1 and 2 has been done as an example.
- Ann didn't take any photographs but I took some. (I/take)
- Man: "Where's your luggage?"
Woman: "Oh, I haven't got any/I don't have any." (I/not/have)
- Woman: "This coffee is too bitter for me. Can I have some sugar?"
Man: "Yes, ... in the kitchen. (we/have)
- Man: "Do you need any money?"
Woman: "No, thank you. .... (I/have)
- Man: "Can you lend me some money?"
Woman: "I'm sorry but .... (I/not/have)
- The tomatoes in the shop didn't look very good so ....(I/not/buy)
- There were some nice oranges in the shop so .... (I/buy)