Soal Prediksi Ujian Nasional (UNBK) Bahasa Inggris Versi 3
Soal Multiple Choice - Try Out 3
Music File Hosting - Free Audio -
In this section of the test, you will have the chance to show how well you understand spoken English. There are 4 parts to this section, with special directions for each part.
Part I. Pictures : Questions: 1 to 3.
For each item, there is a picture in your test book and four short statements about it on the tape. These statements will be spoken twice, but are NOT WRITTEN out in your test book, so you must listen carefully. You must choose one statement (A), (B), (C), or (D) that best describes the picture. Then, on your answer sheet, mark your choice.
Example: Look at the picture and listen to the four sentences.
A. The girl is wearing a T-shirt.
B. The girl has curly hair.
C. The girl looks unhappy.
D. The girl is holding something.
Choice (D) "The girl is holding something"; best describes what is seen in the picture. Therefore, you should mark (D) on your answer sheet.
Now let's begin with picture number 1.
1. Look at picture number 1.
Part II. Questions: 5 to 8.
In this part of the test, you will hear several questions spoken in English, followed by three responses, also spoken in English. The question and responses will be spoken twice. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say. You have to choose the best response to each question.
Now listen to a sample question. You will hear: "Where can I pick up my tickets?"
You will also hear:
(A)Thursday morning, if that's convenient.
(B) At the Overseas Travel Desk.
(C) I think it's at nine o'clock.
Choice (B) "At the Overseas Travel Desk" is the appropriate response to the question "Where can I pick up my tickets?" Therefore you should mark (B) on your answer sheet.
Now let's begin with question number 5.
- Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
- Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
- Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
- Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
Part III: Questions: 9 to 12
In this part of the test, you will hear several short conversations. You will hear the conversations twice. The conversations will NOT be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers are saying.
In your test book, you will read a question about each conversation. The question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question, and mark it on your answer sheet.
You will hear:
"Are you a student here?"
"Where is the English class?"
"Next to the laboratory."
You will read:
Where does the dialogue probably take place?
A. At the hospital.
B. At the station.
C. At the market.
D. In a school.
Choice (D) "In a school" is the best answer to the question "Where does the dialogue probably take place?" Therefore, you should mark (D) on your answer sheet.
Now let's begin with question number 9.
- What is the woman planning to do?
- Go to the evening session
- Dance in the convention hall.
- Try a different session.
- Sleep early.
- Why does the man eat at noon?
- The afternoon seems shorter.
- He is hungry.
- He is diabetic.
- He doesn't want to be late.
- What did the man decide?
- To make coffee.
- To get a replacement.
- To buy a coffeemaker.
- To get his money back.
- What is the woman's solution to the problem?
- Buy a new ribbon.
- Get a different typewriter.
- Learn to use a computer.
- Get another job.
Part IV. Questions: 13 to 15
In this part of the test, you will hear several short talks. Each will be spoken twice. They will NOT be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand and remember what is said.
In your test book, you will read two or more questions about each short talk. Each question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question, and mark it on your answer sheet.
Now let's begin with question number 13.
- What are the tips for?
- Saving a device battery.
- Extending device's life.
- Closing unused applications.
- Adjusting the backlighting.
- If you would like information about lectures, what should you do?
- Go to the Museum.
- Write a letter.
- Call another number.
- Stay on the line.
- What is this ad announcing?
- Job openings.
- Food service.
- A new phone number.
- A new restaurant.
V. Incomplete dialogsDirection:
Choose the best answer to complete the following dialogs.
- Rudi: "I am looking for a job. Do you have any information?"
Ani: "... to BKK? They have the latest job-vacancy information."
Rudi: "Good idea. I'll go there tomorrow."
- Should I go
- May I go
- Why didn't you go
- Why don't you go
- Operator: "Good morning. May I help you?"
Man: "Good morning. May I speak with Mr. Jones, the Personnel Manager?"
Operator: "I'm sorry, he has a meeting until twelve. ...?"
Man: "Alright. Please tell him Mr. Ferry from PT. Abadi called."
- May I leave a message?
- May I take a message?
- Would you like to stay on the line?
- Would you put me through, please?
- Deni: "You speak English very well. ...?"
Lia: "I've been studying English since Junior high school. It's my favorite subject."
- How long will you be learning English?
- What is your motivation in learning English?
- What was your favorite subject in junior high school?
- How long have you been learning the language?
- Tini: 'My friends and I are going on a picnic this weekend. ...?"
Tina: "I'd love to, but I have to go to Surabaya this weekend."
- Are you going away this weekend?
- Did you go with us?
- Will you go with us?
- Do you like going on a picnic?
- Eko: "I need to type this document. ...?"
Yesi: "Yes, of course. I just have 2 more pages to print."
- Should we use the printer?
- Could you turn off the computer?
- Will I use the computer?
- May I use the computer?
- Shop assistant: "May I help you, Sir?"
Customer: "Yes. I bought the trousers this morning, but I didn't notice that the zipper is broken. ...?"
Shop assistant: "Do you have the receipt with you, Sir? We'll replace it."
- May I return it, please?
- Check the receipt.
- I'd like another color.
- Please repair the zipper.
- Hani: "This printer doesn't seem to be working."
Rika: ".... It may have been unplugged."
Hani: "You're right. Maybe someone used it with a laptop computer."
- Repair the printer.
- Check the cord.
- Unplug the cord.
- Use it for printing.
- Yeni: "Do you have any plans for the weekend?"
Lusi: "Yes. ...."
- I am going to visit my uncle.
- I won't do anything this weekend.
- I went to Surabaya last weekend.
- I want to ask you some questions.
- Romi: "It's very hot in this room."
Inna: "Yes, I know. If we had more windows, ...."
- there will be more fresh air.
- we would have more fresh air.
- the room wouldn't have been dusty.
- we would have had more fresh air.
- Olga: "Have you heard about Novi?"
Julia: "No. What happened to her?"
Olga: "She had a motorcycle accident yesterday."
- I feel very sorry for you.
- It must be very pleasant.
- I'm glad to hear that.
- I'm sorry to hear that.
- Wiwit: "When you were a child, what did you usually do after school?"
- I am used to playing football in the afternoon.
- I wanted to play traditional games with my friends.
- I used to play with my friends in the neighborhood.
- I was going to do my homework when they arrived.
- Receptionist: "Good morning, Liston Hotel. Can I help you?"
Caller : "Yes, .... Is it possible to get two double rooms for this Saturday?"
Receptionist: "Of course, Sir. May I have your name and address, please?"
- I'd like to make a reservation.
- I'd like to check in my room.
- I need to confirm my reservation.
- I want to cancel my reservation.
- Poppy: "Can the government eliminate corruption in the next five years?"
Mirna: ".... Law enforcement must be strictly applied."
- I think it's impossible.
- I don't think so.
- I think it's possible.
- I disagree with you.
- Dewi: "Do you think we can get to the airport on time?"
Anto: "Yes. If ..., we will arrive before three o'clock."
- the road is blocked
- the traffic is smooth
- there were heavy traffic
- the plane is not late
Questions 30 to 31 refer to the following dialog.
Ann: Oh, it feels so cold this morning.
Mary: It sure is. The wind has made it much colder, I guess.
Ann: Who would have thought it could be this cold in early February, especially in this town.
Mary: I know. When I took a bath this morning, the cold water made me trembled.
Ann: I cannot remember when it was this cold in early December.
Mary: Brace yourself for the rain this afternoon. Cold and wet, Yuck!
Ann: Is it going to rain this afternoon?
Mary: Not only this afternoon, but also the rest of the week.
Ann: Oh, it is going to be miserable.
- What is the topic of the conversation?
- The weather
- The rain
- Weather forecast
- Cold water
- What does Ann mean by saying "Who would have thought it could be this cold in early February ...."?
- The weather has always been very cold.
- The wind has made it colder than usual in the area.
- She got trembled when she took a bath that morning.
- The weather has never been as cold as that.
Read the dialog and answer the question.
Hilda: Mom, I am home.
Mother: How was school? How did you do on the test?
Hilda: School was OK, and I think I did great on the test. I was so worried before that, but now I feel great. What a relief!
Mother: I am glad to hear it. You've been studying hard the past few weeks. Now, you can relax and enjoy life.
- How did Hilda feel after the test?
Read the dialog and answer questions 33 to 34.
Kayla: Good morning, Mr. Aslan. How are you doing?
Mr. Aslan: Good morning, Kayla. I am doing well. And you?
Kayla: I'm great, thank you. This is my friend Farah. She is thinking about applying to the scholarship program. She has a few questions. Would you mind telling us about the process, please?
Mr. Aslan: Hello, Farah! It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm more than happy to speak with you. Please stop by my office tomorrow.
Farah: It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir. Thank you so much for helping us.
Mr. Aslan: Don't mention it. Hopefully, I will be able to answer your questions!
- What is the purpose of the conversation?
- To know more about a teacher
- To answer a teacher's questions
- To ask about a scholarship
- To introduce a friend to a teacher
- What is Farah expected to do?
- Meet Mr. Aslan in his office
- Stop next to Mr. Aslan's office
- Tell about the process to Kayla
- Ask Kayla a few questions
Read the letter and answer question 35 to 37.
To: "The Shoe People" (firstname.lastname@example.org)
From: "John Trimbald" (email@example.com)
Subject: Customer Complaint
To Whom It May Concern,
I have trusted the Shoe People to protect the feet of my employees for over ten years now. I recently purchased a few pairs of boots from your company for my crew. Though my men were initially satisfied with the boots, the soles began to fall apart on them after just twelve weeks. This was extremely surprising considering they came with a six year warranty. The boots are unsafe to wear because my men are pouring hot concrete. Please respond as soon as possible with instructions on how I can return the boots and receive a refund.
Foreman, JT Construction
- What product was purchased?
- What is the purpose of the letter?
- To express gratitude
- To order a product
- To notify a payment
- To complain
- What was the problem?
- The price was too high
- The soles fell apart
- The delivery was late
- The product was too hot
Read the text and answer question 38-40.
As of Sunday afternoon, at least 50 people were reported killed and 273 families had been left homeless following a flash flood in Jayapura regency, Papua. The flash flood occurred after heavy downpours in the area from Saturday afternoon to the early hours of Sunday.
Jayapura Regent Matius Awoitauw told The Jakarta Post on Sunday that the survivors were in “urgent need” of emergency aid such as food and medication and facilities for burying the dead. Currently, 200 people are taking refuge at his residence while 1,400 others are sheltering in nearby schools. Dead bodies are being taken to hospitals in the region for identification purposes.
He added that the regional government was working with the National Police and the Indonesian Military to record and evacuate any other residents from the area while building public facilities for evacuees. The Cendrawasih Military Command has set up a public kitchen that distributed 5,000 meals on Sunday at lunchtime.
According to the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB), the flooding mostly struck the Sentani Kota district, affecting Sentani Kota, Hinekombe and Dobonsolo subdistricts and five villages, Kampung Sereh, Yoboy, Yahim, Yobeh and Ifar Besar. The regency administration also estimated that the flooding destroyed around 350 houses, 100 shophouses and two bridges.
- What does the text talk about?
- A recent flash flood
- Districts in Jayapura
- Victims and dead bodies
- Homeless families in Papua
- How many people were reported dead?
- Less than 50
- More than 50
- More than 270
- According to the text, what was the cause of the disaster?
- Deforestation near the area
- Prolonged downpours
- Destroyed public facilities
- Shortage of food and medication
Read the text and answer question 41 to 42.
Famed International Pianist
Recently arrived from the Philippines
Jazz, modern, and classical pieces
Surrey Room, 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Admission gratis for hotel guests
- Where is Mr. Alcuaz performing?
- At a jazz festival
- In the Philippines
- At a hotel
- In Surrey
- The word "admission" is closest in meaning to ....
- Room rate
- Entrance money
Complete the text with the correct word.
Enclosed you will find your new “First Bank” Automatic Bank Card.
Follow these simple instructions to ... (43)... it.
- Call the telephone number on the back of the card and press #1.
- State your full name as it appears on the card. You will then be asked for your city of birth for identification purposes.
- Upon answering, you will be prompted to enter a four-digit secret identification password. You are ...(44)... to select a non-obvious password. You will then be asked to repeat it.
- A representative will confirm your account number. Now, you’re ready to use our bank card.
- Please keep the card in a secure place and do not give your password to anyone. At any time, you can call the telephone number if you ...(45)... your card or want to change your password.
Untuk mengerjakan soal ini dalam versi CBT (Computer-based Test) dan mengetahui skor anda, silahkan klik tautan di bawah ini.