Direction: Choose the best answer to the questions
- Boy : What are you going to do after completing your study? Are you going to the university?
Girl : No, ..., and you?
Boy : I do too.
A. I plan to look for a job.
B. I'm going to apply for a scholarship.
C. I hope to finish my study soon.
D. The university will open in September.
- Boy : Hi, .... My name's Andi. Nice to meet you.
Girl : Hi, Andi. Nice to meet you, too. I'm Riska.
A. Can I help you?
B. May I introduce myself?
C. Can I introduce Andi.
D. Have you met Andi before?
- Girl : Which one is your mother?
Boy : You can't miss her. Everybody can see her from a distance. ....
A. She is the tallest in the group.
B. She was wearing a blue sweater.
C. She has been here for a while.
D. She will see you in a moment.
- Man : Can you help me with this report?
Woman : OK. ... after lunch.
A. I might do it
B. I've already finished it
C. We had a meeting to report
D. I've something to do
- Woman : Hello. ...?
Man : Yes, speaking.
Woman : I need some information about the product you launched yesterday.
A. Could you put me through, please?
B. Could I speak to Mr. Smith, please?
C. Would you tell me about your product, please?
D. Could you hold on a minute, please?
- Woman : Mulia Travel. Can I help you?
Man : ....
A. Could I book two tables, please?
B. Can I reserve two single rooms?
C. Can I have a glass of orange juice?
D. Could I make a reservation for Bali today?
- Man : How about the purchasing document? Can I have it now?
Woman : ..., Sir. I'll put it on your desk soon after I finish.
A. I've already done it.
B. I am typing it right now.
C. I finished it this morning.
D. I could help you immediately.
- Man : Have you copied the letters ... yesterday?
Woman : Yes, I have. Here they are.
A. I sent you
B. I type for you
C. I dictate to you
D. I ask you
- Hilmi : Hi, Anwar. Where shall we go this afternoon?
Anwar : Well, ....
Hilmi : Sounds good! It serves good quality of coffee.
A. what about having some drinks at the Plaza?
B. how about calling Nita to join us?
C. do you feel like singing at "Heaven" Karaoke?
D. shall we go the beach?
- Man : Could you tell me how to use the Automated Teller Machine?
Woman : Just follow the instruction. Insert your card into the slot. Enter your PIN, then press "withdraw" and the amount of money you want. You'll be able to withdraw your money ....
Man : Allright, thanks.
A. when you need the money.
B. if you wrote all the instructions
C. if you follow the instructions.
D. when you read the manual.
- Man : What does a waiter do?
Woman : He ....
A. welcomes guests in the front lobby of a hotel
B. helps guests carry their luggage into their rooms
C. serves food and drinks to the guests at a restaurant
D. prepares food and drinks to sell at a restaurant
- Guest: “I’m sorry, but there's a fly in my soup.”
Waiter: “We’re very sorry, Sir. ....”
A. We will replace it.
B. We believe it's impossible.
C. Please let me tell our manager about it.
D. Would you reorder your soup, Sir?
- Receptionist : Ramayana Hotel. Good afternoon. Can I help you?
Guest : I booked a room by telephone last week, and I'd like to confirm it.
Receptionist : ....
Guest : This is Wilson from Sidney, Australia.
A. Who are you?
B. May I have your name, Sir?
C. Yes, there is a reservation with that name.
D. We hope you enjoy your stay here.
- Woman : Can you tell me about the young leaders program?
Man : Well, it is designed to receive and train those who are prepared to be the leaders of the country in the future.
What does the underlined word refer to?
B. The programs
D. Young people
- Woman : What was the announcement about?
Man : It said that planes from Surabaya to Jakarta will be delayed ... bad weather.
A. in case of
C. regardless of
D. due to
- Man : Excuse me. ....
Woman : Sure. It's next to the lift at the end of this corridor.
A. Do you know where the corridor leads to?
B. Could you show me where the lift is?
C. Could you tell me where the toilet is?
D. How do I get to the third floor?
- Girl : Why haven't you done your English assignment?
Boy : Oh, I completely forgot.
Girl : Today's the deadline, so ....
Boy : Allright, I will. Thanks for reminding me.
A. you can do it later.
B. you'd better hurry up.
C. let me help you with the assignment.
D. don't forget to do your next assignments
- Dina : I hope you can fix my car. It won't start.
Randy : Sorry, Dina. I know nothing about cars. I think ....
A. you should call a mechanic.
B. you need to go to a gas station
C. I can show you a nearby car showroom.
D. I will help you after I finish.
- Man : Have you heard about the big sale in the Plaza next month?
Woman : Yes. Prices ... up to 50% for local products.
A. will be reduced
B. were reduced
C. may increase
D. will fluctuate
- Man : The workshop will be held in Jakarta next Monday. Shall I go by plane or by bus?
Woman : .... It's more expensive, but you'll save much time.
Man : I think so, but I need to book the ticket several days in advance.
A. You should go by bus.
B. Shall I book the ticket for you?
C. You shall know how to get there.
D. You'd better go by plane.
- What position does Kareem apply for?
A. A manager
B. A service supervisor
C. A waiter supervisor
D. A restaurant supervisor
- What does Kareem expect from his application?
A. He will be invited for an interview.
B. He will work at "Seafood Restaurant".
C. He expects a position at "Kompas".
D. He will stay at "Makassar Golden Hotel".
- What is the synonym of the word "recent" in paragraph 3?
- According to the text, people who don't get enough exercises are usually ....
C. gyms managers
D. office workers
- "This is ...." (sentence 2)
The underlined word refers to ....
A. a visit to the gym
B. doctor's agreement
C. most people's problem
D. not getting enough exercise
- What does the above text suggest?
A. Office workers should go to the gym regularly.
B. Office workers should have a little exercise everyday.
C. We should visit the gym once or twice a week.
D. Office workers often have problems with their doctors.
- Which of the following is NOT included in the ticket price?
A. Soft drink
D. Anniversary gift
- "... Please contact Eli ...."
The word "contact" can be best replaced with ..."
- Where can we get this offer according to the advertisement?
A. Ticket booth
B. Department Store
C. Buffet Restaurant
D. Chinese Restaurant
- When the driver puts more petrol into the tank, ....
A. the fuel warning light turns on
B. the fuel level rises and pushes the float upwards
C. the driver makes the arm moves downwards
D. the car needs more petrol
- The driver knows that the petrol is very low from ....
A. the level of oil
B. the fuel warning light
C. the electrical contact
D. the rising of the float
- What is the antonym of the word "downwards" in paragraph 2?
- Where does DInda Rara get the information about the vacancy?
A. Senggigi Beach Hotel
B. Mataram University
C. Lombok Raya Hotel
D. Lombok Post
- What will the manager most probably do after reading the letter?
A. He/she will ask Dinda Rara to stay at the hotel.
B. He/she will offer Dinda Rara a higher position.
C. He/she will contact Dinda Rara for an interview.
D. He/she will sign Dinda Rara's application letter.
- "...in gaining new experience ...." (paragraph 3)
The synonym of the underlined word is ....
- Which city is closest to Paris by air?
- Which two cities are furthest apart by rail?
A. Paris and Madrid
B. Paris and Nice
C. Frankfurt and Rome
D. Frankfurt and Vienna
- If you take a 9 a.m. flight from London to Paris, what time will you most likely arrive?
A. 10:05 a.m.
B. 10:05 p.m.
C. 2:30 p.m.
D. 2:30 a.m.
- What is the longest flight?
A. Paris to Madrid
B. Paris to Nice
C. Frankfurt to Rome
D. Frankfurt to Vienna
- What is the purpose of the text?
A. To explain how elevators work
B. To give information about elevators
C. To give tips on riding elevators
D. To invite people to use elevators
- Who may find the text useful?
A. People who repairs broken elevators
B. People who often use and ride elevators
C. People who maintain and operate elevators
D. People who install elevators in buildings
- According to the text, what should you do when you arrive at the elevator?
A. Decide which way to take, right or left
B. Press "up" or "down" button
C. Ask where the elevator is going
D. Wait until the elevator arrives
- The followings are what we should do when the elevator stops but the door doesn't open, EXCEPT ....
A. Press the alarm button
B. Find an intercom
C. Try to contact hotel assistants
D. Exit quickly
- The above text can be categorized as a ....
A. autobiography text
B. report text
D. biography text
- What does the text mainly talk about?
A. Jokowi's daily life
B. Jokowi's early life
C. Jokowi's political intention
D. How Jokowi won elections
- What does the text say about the nickname "Jokowi"?
A. It was named after Jokowi's grandfather.
B. It was given by a customer from Europe.
C. It was the first product to enter European market.
D. It was taken from his customer's name, Bernard.
- Jokowi adopted the development framework of European cities when ....
A. he was traveling as a businessman
B. when he joined the mayoral election in 2005
C. when he was governing the city of Surakarta
D. when he was visiting the people of Solo
- According to the text, the followings are facts about Jokowi, EXCEPT ....
A. He started his "blusukan" culture while he was governing Jakarta.
B. He won two presidential elections in a row, in 2014 and 2019.
C. By "blusukan", he wanted to witness firsthand his people's condition.
D. He was the first president to not be from the military or political elite.
- Which geoparks will be endorsed as new UNESCO Global Geoparks?
A. Lake Toba, Borobudur, Mandalika, Labuan Bajo
B. Raja Ampat, Merangin, Papua, and Jambi
C. Raja Ampat, Merangin, Ijen, and Maros-Pangkep
D. Raja Ampat, Merangin, Bromo, and Wakatobi
- According to the text, the endorsement will provide the following opportunities for Indonesia, EXCEPT ....
A. promoting the country's tourism sector
B. increasing domestic and international tourist visits
C. boosting the country's economic recovery
D. viewing the beauty of nature, culture, and geoheritage
Questions 21 - 23 refer to the following letter.
Questions 24 - 26 refer to the following information.
Questions 27 - 29 refer to the following advertisement.
Questions 30 - 32 refer to the following information.
Questions 33 - 35 refer to the following information.
Questions 36 - 39 refer to the following table.
|Inter City Europe
|Paris to Amsterdam
|Paris to Madrid
|1 hr 50 mins
|Paris to Nice
|1 hr 20 mins
|Frankfurt to Rome
|1 hr 45 mins
|Frankfurt to Brussels
|5 hrs 30 mins
|Frankfurt to Vienna
|1 hr 20 mins
|London to Edinburgh
|4 hrs 30 mins
|1 hr 15 mins
|London to Paris
|5 hrs 30 mins
|1 hr 5 mins